Tuesday, August 19, 2008

You find out who your friends are...

Over this year we've had some pretty amazing things happen to us and we've had to endure some pretty tough things as well! For example, Wes's back surgery and his grandmother's passing, along with my not so happy weekend of recovering from my wisdom teeth surgery. Wes has already blogged about this, however I thought of it first so I'm going to as well! You really do find out who your friends are when bad things happen and it makes me smile to see all the wonderful people we now call friends in this town support us in times of pain. When Wes had his back surgery in January, we had an outpouring of friends show up at our house with cookies, dvds, movies, soup, flowers, you name it. Everyone brought something. Everyone called, texted and wanted to know as soon as he was out of surgery how he was. They cared. Genuinely. I get choked up just thinking about it. When Wes's grandmother died and we had to make an unexpected trip to Pennsylvania for a week we got outpouring of cards and flowers. We had the most flowers at the funeral home! Now I'm not trying to set a record or anything, but the entire family was going on and on about how we must just have wonderful friends in this town and they're right, we do! Now this passed weekend, when recovering from my wisdom teeth, I noticed again the care and concern that each of my friends expressed individually to me to make sure I was ok. I am ok, chipmunk face still intact, I'll get over it. And thank you to everyone who called, sent me flowers, brought me baskets of soft treats, texted me, and sent their love via the web. Thank you so much. Last night at our small group for PC3 we split into guys and girls as we do sometimes, which I always love because it gives us girls more time to chat! I was so excited to share in both the joys and concerns that each of my friends expressed. Oh what joys we had last night! I am so happy to be there for these girls in their lives and I am happy to have them in my life to share my joys and concerns with. My friend Gina is having quite a hard time with bedtime rituals as of late and it breaks my heart to see her have to sit and listen to her boys cry while trying to figure out the right way to put them to sleep. I feel better, though, knowing that my prayers may be helping her through this tough time in her life and I am happy to call her my friend and show her my support. I told her last night, Girl, I give you credit, I couldn't do it! I need some practice before my kids are 2! Whew! But she is a beautiful person and she is doing great, as is her husband. I am so thankful, as I said for them, and for being able to pray for them as a family and for all my friends in this town who I can care for and show concern for, just as they have for me.

No comments: