Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Dependent

I'm not so sure when or how I became so dependent on my husband, but it has happened and I'm not sure I like it. I used to be a really independent girl, making decisions and flying by the seat of my pants. I must say since marrying Wes I have totally changed into an indecisive, dependent girl! What the heck? On Friday I am leaving to fly to Pennsylvania for my first baby shower. Although I am totally excited for the first shower and to see most of my family I am also very hesitant to fly there on my own and leave Wes for three days. Just the other night while Wes's family was in town he stayed up late to watch baseball with his Dad and I went to bed. I could not fall asleep because he was not in bed with me. I just kept laying there waiting for him to come in. Our routine was out of whack and I did not like it. I try to tell myself that I am spontaneous, but that's a lie, I am a very routine type of girl! I don't know how I'm going to sleep this weekend by myself. Oh my, what a shame that I've become so accustomed to everything that just this small step outside of the box has me all up in arms.

On another note, the pregnancy is progressing fabulously. I had another doctor's apt. on Monday and all is well, although the baby might be breech! Yikes. She still has 8 weeks to turn herself the right way so I'm not really worried, especially since lately she is never still a minute. I relish in this miracle inside me everyday. I am still in awe that it is possible for me to be carrying our child inside of me. What a blessing. Thank you God. We have finished painting the nursery and baby gifts are beginning to arrive on our doorstep. We have also officially settled on her name and I really like it. It is southern and unique, yet not completely out there so to speak.

Things I am excited about for this weekend in Pennsylvania:
getting to spend some one on one time with my Mom;
seeing my family from California, Indiana, Ohio, and Georgia;
going to Philadelphia Chocolates, my favorite chocolate store ever!!!;
going to Quaker Steak and Lube, best restaurant in the town!
having our first baby shower!!! Yay!

1 comment:

Holly said...

I hope your shower goes great and you have a safe trip! How exciting for you. It's a good thing for you to get used to coming off of a set schedule now b/c once your little girl gets here, she's going to set the pace for awhile! Hope you get a lot of the things you registered for!