Friday, February 20, 2009

Perfection

So as I sit here right now I am extremely anxious. I keep trying to tell myself not to be, that everything will be fine, but I can't help but be a little bit anxious, nervous, overwhelmed, etc. You get the picture. In a little over two months Wes and I will be parents. Wait, what?! How did this happen? I seem to remember deciding to try to get pregnant and now all of a sudden labor is only two months away!!! Woah~!!!!!! So I shouldn't be nervous because I had a doctor's appointment on Monday and I heard all wonderful things. The doctor said the word perfect so many times I almost peed myself, which now a days seems to be no big deal. Note to all the girls out there who are not pregnant but may be in the near future: In the months 6-7 of your pregnancy, be sure to empty your bladder frequently because with a 3 pound child resting on your bladder any sudden sense of emotion, a sneeze, laughter or things of those nature can make you pee just a little. That may be too much information for some people out there, but oh well, it's the truth. Anyway, back on track. I got measured, heard the baby's heart beat, got weighed, got my blood pressure checked and all that fun stuff on Monday. The weight came first, which always makes me nervous. I start analyzing the minute I step on the scale, am I doing too much, not enough, is she going to tell me I'm a fatso and I need to be on a diet, etc. The doctor said my weight is "perfect" Yippee! I have been working really hard to continue going to the gym at least 4 or 5 times a week or walkingthe loop and it's working. Next she measured me and listened to the babv's heart beat, saying, "sounds perfect!" Again, yay! Everything else looked good as well, but I still can't help but be anxious about if this baby will be completely healthy. Ahhh. We have finished painting the nursery and are going to put crown molding up this weekend. We have a crib that my wonderful husband assembled and have a changing table in mind. Things are coming together and the room is looking adorable. I am getting more excited everyday to meet our little girl. She is a high energy little thing, pushing around a lot in there to the point where I can see her little extremities hitting my belly. Friends of mine have told me that they miss being pregnant and I used to think that they were crazy, but now that I have this connection to this little girl growing inside of me I totally understand. I think I will be saddened when I am no longer pregnant that she is no longer with me all the time. I hope that I can be half the Mom my mother was to me to this little girl.

2 comments:

Holly said...

Aww, I'm so glad you're having a great pregnancy! It's definitely easy to overthink things, but I'm sure you're doing everything right & that you and Wes will be great parents! When did we grow up so fast???

Welliver 371 said...

I love your candid honesty!!!