Thursday, August 21, 2008

The ocean is my strength.

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures:he leadeth me beside the still waters.
He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in thepaths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of theshadow of death; I will fear no evil: for thouart with me; thy rod and thy staff theycomfort me.

Thou preparest a table before me in thepresence of mine enemies: thou anointestmy head with oil; my cup runneth over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me allthe days of my life; and I will dwell in thehouse of the Lord for ever.
psalm 23 - bible - psalm of david


I thought of that verse today as I was walking and being snotty and wanting things that I don't need or even really want just wanting and wanting to be somewhere else, anywhere else today besides work, besides in my life. I don't even know why, I'm happy, I am, I was just agitated and being self-pitying and crabby. So on the days I feel like this I walk...
and I think, I just I don't want to be here, Idon't want to do this, why do I have to work, why is this week so annoying? And to top it all off, my face is still fat. So I walked and I walked all the way right down to the beach and then I stood and I stared out at the ocean, waves crashing, storm looming, salt water rushing up under my toes and I breathed in a deep, deep breath. And I was fine. I am fine! The ocean is my friend! It is vast and beautiful and freeing. I walk the loop at lunch and everytime I walk down to the beach and put my feet in the sand , I am reminded that I live here! At the beach, I do! Sometimes it's like a dream, but then once I'm down there it's so real and so cool that I do live here in North Carolina, at the beach, where I've always wanted to live. Pretty cool. And today I shall not want anymore.

No comments: