Thursday, August 20, 2009

That laugh is contagious!

Airlie Mae is laughing. This is so fun! Her favorite place to laugh and talk is her changing table. It's like you put her on there and it's go time! She has also learned to change the pitch of her voice and make different noises which she thinks is hysterical. She also thinks her Daddy is hystiercal, he can make her laugh way more than I can. It's always fun when Wes forgets that the monitor is on when he's in there talking to her. Their exchange usually goes something like this: Wes: "Woah Airlie Mae that is a blow out! How can such a little girl fill up a diaper so much?" or "oh, no, all up in your girly parts, you know Airlie Mae someday you are going to be a big girl like the Mom and not poop in your pants anymore." or "oh just wait till your a teenager and Dad isn't cool anymore than I'll remember of what I have done for you!" Oh how funny it is to get to listen in.
It's amazing to watch each day as our little girl changes and develops into her own little person. She has such a great personality! She is now able to hear my voice and find me in the room very quickly. Upon finding me she is all smiles. In the morning one of our favorite songs to sing is "Good Morning to you, good morning to you, we're all in our places with sunshiny faces, good morning to you!" She loves this song, she cracks up laughing when I start singing this song and dancing around her room. She does not care that I cannot carry a tune to save my life! She is also now able to hold her rattle and shake it. This is also funny to her until she tries to put her hand in her mouth, but forgets that said rattle is still in the hand and then she knocks herself in the face and this is not so funny, for her at least. It's pretty comical to watch. As I said before my favorite time with Airlie is the morning. More often than not she wakes up talking instead of crying. It's usually my time to get up anyway so i go into her room. It's so fun to watch her cooing to herself in her crib and then she sees me over the side of the crib and my heart melts. It's like me coming in to get her in the morning is the best thing that has ever happened to her and it is one of the best feelings picking up that sleepy babe in my arms, smelling her smell, and having her nuzzle her little head into my neck while she wakes up. I never thought I could love a little person so much!

No comments: