Friday, May 1, 2009

How grateful I am!

This morning I woke up before my alarm went off and got out of bed because Wes did not have to work today and I did not want to wake him up. I must say from the time I got out of bed I was in a good mood. The birds were chirping, the morning dew was glistening on my flowers, the sun was shining and my house was already warm. I went to Ken's Bagels as I do most Friday mornings to pick up bagels for our office and then drove down Airlie Rd. as I normally do. Just as I turned onto Airlie Rd. and was about to pray for the impending arrival of our little girl one of my most favorite songs came on the radio, Mighty to Save, by Hillsong. I then began to thank God for everything in my life. Everything that is so amazingly good. First for my wonderful, loving husband, second for this little girl I am carrying, this little girl that He had entrusted us with, then for our families, for our wonderful friends, for the sunshine, for my job, our house, for everything that he has provided for us! I am just overwhelmed with all the things in my life I have to be thankful for. As I continued to belt out the lyrics to Mighty to Save (in a very off tune voice of course) and drive down Airlie Rd. I breathed in a deep breath of salt air and thought to myself life could not be any better. I have been blessed and I am so grateful for all that I have.

No comments: