Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Dancing Queen with no jeans

So every since Wes and I have been together I've wanted to take dancing lessons. Wes on the other hand; not so much. It's not that he doesn't like to dance because he can break it down. He has great rhythm and can shake his moneymaker. He just doesn't seem to be enthralled by a bossy lady giving him orders on how to do the two step, but our small group is going dancing this Friday night and so are we! While I'm super excited to learn some basic ball room dancing skills, I'm a bit nervous. I can't remember the last time I've been out to shake my booty, nor been dressed up enough to feel like dancing. My dress up attire includes work clothes which are by definition very boring! So, now I'm stressing out about what to wear on Friday night and if I can manage to wear a cute pair of heels in my 6 1/2 month pregnancy bliss. We shall see. Also, as many of you know, I have no cute jeans to wear. I am so sick of complaining about this I could scream, but still I cannot bring myself to spend 60 bucks or more on a pair of jeans that have a humongo panel in the front and will only be worn for 3-6 more months depending on how fast I bounce back into shape. Oh, this frustration is killing me. Why can't stores just carry a few pairs of cute maternity jeans in LONGS?! Is that too much to ask?! Hmph. So anyway, I'll probably wear my one pair of jeans that I own that fit, and some cute high heels to go dancing. I'll probably also be mildly frustrated upon starting to dance as Wes will be following right on key and I'll be stepping on his feet because he is just going to be better than me at dancing I just know it. I know this because he is more instrumental and sings way better than me. I guess I'll have to swallow my pride and just roll with it. I'm sure it will be fun either way. Babs McDance get ready, you're going to have a preggo with little rhythm and high heels on, things could get dangerous! :)

1 comment:

Holly said...

Wow- you're brave. Good luck with the dancing. FYI- I was able to find some long maternity jeans that aren't too horrid at Motherhood Maternity. I know they do a lot of online sales, so you might wanna check them out. Hope you're feeling great, mammas!