Friday, January 2, 2009

Hello 2009!

As 2008 is over and 2009 has begun I find myself inclined to post a blog, mostly because I'm feeling soooo happy and I'd like to share the warmth. Although 2008 brought some sad events with it, for the most part it was a great year, just as every other year has been since I married Wes. We just have the best time. Yesterday, while standing in our kitchen we had a great moment of thankfulness with one another and I can't stop thinking back to that moment and smiling. What a wonderful feeling of love. This past year has been so fulfilling for both Wes and I, not just because I'm pregnant with our first child, but for many other reasons as well. First of all, we have found a church that we love and Wes has been going on a regular basis for a long time now. This makes me soooooooo happy. We have also made friends with some amazing people that are truly genuine, caring, people, and they make my world a brighter place. I believe Wes is finally in a position at work that he is enjoying and I am also enjoying my new job. Yesterday we began organizing our garage and making room for extra things out of our office which we are now converting into the nursery! What a great day we had organizing and fantasizing about how the nursery will look when finished! It's going to be so cute! We originally decided to do the room in black and white with accents of pink, but lately have been leaning towards a more beachy theme with green and pink seersucker! Oh what fun! To make New Years Day even more exciting I felt the baby move for the first time. What a weird, yet amazing feeling! I had just finished saying my prayers and her name was on the tip of my tongue as I thanked God for the blessing of her and then woooo there she was making waves in my belly. I am amazed daily at the miracle of pregnancy. This is truly one of the most exciting times of my life and I could not ask for a better partner to share this time with. So as 2008 is over and 2009 begins I have nothing but hopefulness for another wonderful year better than the ones that have past. It seems as though every year in our life just continues to get better! Happy New Year everyone!

1 comment:

Holly said...

Yay! Congrats on all your happiness- I'm so happy FOR YOU! I hope God continues to bless your pregnancy and your marriage as much as He already has!