Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I love Wilmington

So moving to Wilmington, North Carolina has proven to be one of the best decisions Wes and I ever made. For those of you that don't know the story of our move to the ILM here's long story short. Wes just graduated from IUP in Indiana, PA and I just graduated from Gannon in Erie, PA. Our roomates from college were dating. I was still living with my roomate from college. They fixed us up. We hit it off. I talked Wes into moving to Erie, PA where I lived, after several grueling months of him driving 4 hours in the blizzardly conditions of Erie, PA to visit me. Wes moves to Erie, yah! Mission accomplished. Then, just kidding because I don't want to live in Erie anymore. It's just too cold there. I want to live at the beach. What do you know, Wes wants to live at the beach. We decide to move. Where should we move? How bout the Outer Banks, nah, too boring there in the winter Wes says. I tell Wes to pick a place. He picks Wilmington, I ask if he's been there. Nope, never been. Ok great idea, let's move 14 hours away from our families, with virtually no money, a moving truck, and a new relationship that we started about 9 months prior. Awesome! So we move to Wilmington, after picking it off a map and after losing 100$ to a ghetto apartment complex that we decided not to live in after a little bit of research. That was approximately 4 years ago and so far things are working out! Lately, I really find myself relishing in the fact that we live in such a beautiful state with so much to offer. We can be at the beach in 5 minutes or in the mountains in 5 hours and that's pretty cool. I think loving life more can definitely be attributed to my growing relationship with God. Since we started attending Port City Church my life has become so much more exciting and I am grateful for the things God is doing in my life. Watching Wes develop a stronger relationship with God is even cooler than I could have imagined. We have made some amazing friends through the church and I couldn't be happier. On another note, I am striving to slow myself down and stop making so many impossible to-do lists on a daily basis. I am a bit of a perfectionist at heart which sometimes does not allow me to relax. I'm working on that.

No comments: